Thursday, August 22, 2013

Minnesota @ Atlanta, or "Where are you, Cheryl Reeve?"

The first rule is to give me some click love.  I wrote about this game at Swish Appeal, so go to the link.

In the notes, I leave this comment:

Cheryl Reeve was not immediately available to the press after the game.

Yeah.  After the game you're generally trapped between two locker rooms at either end of the hall.  Predicting which of the coaches is going to come out first is a bit tricky.  Winning coaches want to come out right away, losing coaches don't.  So Senor Fred came out first and me, a friend of mine, and the AP guy talked to him.

That left Cheryl Reeve.  Well, the Lynx media rep stated that Reeve was talking to some of her players, so she wouldn't be out right away. The AP guy was on a deadline, so he settled (if you could call that settling) for some quotes from Maya Moore.  He went into the Lynx locker room, and later we saw him leave.

That left me and my friend.  My friend is retired, so he could wait as long as it took.  As for me, I had to work the next day.

Generally, the Dream media guy can get quotes by sending some interns in to get them.  The fact that they got nothing from Reeve is a good sign that I could have stood there forever and she was in no mood for talking.  Looks like I'll be talking with Reeve in 2014.

(* * *)

You might wonder which article of this little blog gets the most hits.  It's the article about highest attended games from 2013, an article which is sadly out of date.  I might need to update that one.

(* * *)

Trying to get the computer room in the new apartment in order.  Everything looks a lot less uncluttered than it was a week ago.  Unfortunately, the computer room seems to be the Place of Last Resort to put boxes now that the storage closet has filled up.

Furthermore, there is only one light in the computer room - an overhead light which appears to have a 100 watt light bulb in it.  Ambient lighting is needed.  I'll have to work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment