Saturday, August 24, 2013

Atlanta @ Washington; Seattle @ Phoenix

Saw parts of two games last night.  The first was Atlanta vs. Washington.  I'm sure it was a great game, but I only saw two quarters of it - the first and the last.

Everyone knocks on WNBA Live Access and I can't figure out why for the life of me.  People have a way of watching any WNBA game and they want to complain about it.  Anyway, I was out eating with my wife until 8 pm and I came back to watch the first quarter, which is great as Live Access starts all games (even live ones) from the first quarter - if I wanted to see the game live, I'd just press the LIVE button.

I watched the first quarter, where the Mystics led 21-17 at the end of 10 minutes.  Every time there was a time out or a commercial, I'd skip forward.  But a lot of time when I skipped forward, Live Access would balk.  It kept balking, and finally, Firebox locked up and I had to crash the browser.  When I came back, I gave up and watched it live, where a big run by Washington raining down three pointers closed the door on Atlanta.

Mike Thibault said something interesting after the game.  He said his goal was to turn Angel McCoughtry into a passer.  McCoughtry had 8 assists and 5 TO but she shot 6-for-20.  Tiffany Hayes didn't do much better, 3-for-13.  If I were Chicago or Indiana I might want to watch this game.

Part of Atlanta's problem was its 1-for-18 performance behind the line.  She hit one with 22 seconds left to keep the Dream from having a goose egg.  If that shot had missed, it would have been the worst performance at the 3-point line by a team this season.  Two teams have gone 0-for-17 in a game behind the arc - the first was on June 7th when Seattle hosted Tulsa and went 0-for-17.  The second was on July 21st when Atlanta visited Tulsa and also went 0-for-17.  Atlanta is shooting 25.2 percent behind the arc, far worse than any other team (Phoenix is second at 29.5 percent).

The other game was Seattle at Phoenix.  Good game, but I began to fall asleep at 10:40 am.  So I went to bed.



I finally have enough items unpacked in the computer room to make it workable.  This might be the only room of the new apartment that's 95 percent done.  However, I need my computer room.

No comments:

Post a Comment