Sunday, September 1, 2013

Atlanta @ Chicago, 2013-08-31



I didn't get much of a chance to watch Atlanta @ Chicago on vacation.  By the time I got back to the room, Chicago was up by 20 points at the end of the third quarter and were going to stay that way.  After an amazing start, the Dream are flirting with the idea of falling below .500.

When we were 10-1, they were talking about Fred Williams being the Coach of the Year.  I'm sure all of that talk has disappeared by now.  He's fighting to hold the Dream together and to not get them rousted out of the first round.  (I doubt that New York can get the string of victories they'd need to get into the playoffs and with the Sun already eliminated, the Dream will get in just by a process of elimination.)

We should have Armintie Herrington back soon, but she can't provide much offense.  Angel McCoughtry's recent heel woes are a cause for concern.  Tiffany Hayes is day to day, depending on how much swelling is in her knee.

The big question marks are now Sancho and Erika.  Lyttle has shown no signs of returning to the court and reports from the Dream are hopeful but not hopeful enough.  A little bird tells me that de Souza is fighting a battle with the Brazilian national team to stay off the roster so she can help Atlanta but if the f@#ing Brazilians tell her to jump, she'll have to jump or kiss her Olympic medal hopes goodbye.  It could be that Atlanta gets rousted in the first round either by the veteran Fever or the hungry Mystics.

(* * *)

Recently, I had been thinking about starting a blog dedicated to Atlanta girls basketball.  The response I got from Twitter from an acquaintance was rather blunt:

NO....let the kids be kids, enough sleezy recruiting/scouting blogs out there. You're a good guy but most are NOT

So now I'm toying with three options:

1) follow the big college team over the summer - the loneliest job on earth.  It doesn't help that I really don't have much of a passion for them
2) follow Euroball over the winter, knowing that no one gives a rat's ass about Euroball - I have a duty to SA to write about things that people want to read about, and the stats on my Euroball articles indicated an interest of about zero
3) do the prep scene thing, taking the chance that I could end up in the company of a bunch of skeezeballs

What to do, what to do, what to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment