Thursday, September 19, 2013

2013 MVP: Candace Parker (not confirmed)

According to Doug Feinberg at the Associated Press, Candace Parker has won the Most Valuable Player award.

I'm not going to sit and cry my eyes out, since I had her as #2 on the ballot.  Although I've now concluded that Syliva Fowles is never going to be given an MVP Award no matter how talented she is, because Parker's narratives are better.  (Tennessee player!  Wife and mother!  Husband is NBA baller!)

What really surprised me was that Maya Moore got 10 first place votes.  Really?  REALLY?  Maya's good, but she wasn't MVP.  Not this year.

The tally was supposedly:

Parker - 234
Moore - 218
Delle Donne - 189

Either Delle Donne was the #2 player on a lot of those 39 ballots, or some of the voters thought, "Oh, that blonde girl.  I've heard of her.  I'll vote for her!"  Makes you wonder sometimes.

Congratulations, Candace Parker.  I suspect this won't be your only WNBA MVP award.

No comments:

Post a Comment